Area manager - Animal Department - Copenhagen Zoo
Exciting challenges for two skilled middle managers.
Copenhagen Zoo is looking for two experienced and committed managers for the newly established positions as area managers under the Zoo’s Division II (animals). The positions offer key challenges in one of Denmark’s most renowned attractions with almost 300 employees.
Division II is divided into three geographic areas within the Zoo each with its own area manager.
The job entails handling the daily tasks within the area. Together with 15-20 animal keepers you will be responsible for management of the animal collection within the area. The job responsibilities are numerous but the primary tasks will be to the daily operation of the area which includes:
* Daily animal management
* Exhibit maintenance and cleaning
* Planning duty rosters and securing maximum use of resources
* Planning and managing the education for keeper trainees
* Enrichment and training of animals and organising animal shows
* Animal transports
* Input to collection planning
* Participation in the planning of new enclosures as well as renovation of existing enclosures
* Coordination with other areas and divisions on a daily/weekly basis
Besides from managing the daily operations in your area you also participate in the general planning of the division and contribute to the long-term planning.
You are expected to be experienced within the area of direct management of the daily operations. Your ability to motivate and lead employees on a daily basis through visible leadership will be prioritised as well as the ability to cooperate with other areas of the division and its employees. Emphasis will also be put on the ability to immediately solve and foresee daily problems.
Focus in this position is on leadership and people management. as the animal keepers, coordinators and curators already hold major expertise within practical animal management. Nevertheless a reasonable experience in animal management is expected.
Candidates will be measured in terms of:
* Employee satisfaction
* Resource optimisation
* Budget keeping
* Visitors satisfaction
* Breeding and husbandry
* Achieving animal ethic goals
* Experience with personnel management
* Experience with operations management
* Experience with problem solving and fast decisions making
* Experience with cooperation with other units
* Strong communication skills
* Language skills: English or Danish
* Preferred knowledge of animal keeping
You are offered:
A significant position within one of Denmark’s most interesting attractions
Key responsibility with major influence in the tactical and operational level
An interesting working environment
Please send your application and CV as a Word file or PDF-file to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your application with “Zoo Area Manager Animals”.
Connectia A/S is assisting Copenhagen Zoo with the recruiting process.
For full details please go to http://www.zoonewsdigest.com
Please mention you saw the advertisement in ZooNews Digest should you apply for this post