ANIMAL CURATOR MANAGER
(Ref No: B-3005-ACM)
Under the supervision and instructions of the Director of the Zoo, he/she will be responsible for the animals welfare and the promotion of the Programme for Research and Conservation at the Zoo, in line with the guidelines and objectives of the Global Strategy of Zoos and Aquariums for Conservation (2005) and the Strategic Plan of the Zoo of Barcelona (2012).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Give advice and support to the Director of the Zoo
- Coordinate, manage and administer the material and human direct resources in order to meet existing needs at any time, propose improvement plans related to material resources and enhance the professional development of individuals in charge, to promote the competitiveness of the organization and its adequate positioning in front of new challenges and requirements.
- Establish strategies, determine the objectives and the most appropriate actions to implement in the area, optimizing costs and resource allocation.
- Develop, execute and perform the appropriate follow-up of the management of the planning basic tools assigned to his/her area: Collection Plan, Collection Inventory and Research and Conservation Programme (Barcelona Zoo Foundation).
- Management and supervision of the activity and the achievement of objectives by the assigned staff: Curators, vets and technical staff and auxiliary.
- Doctoral degree in Biology or Veterinary Medicine, with specific knowledge and experience in wildlife, biological conservation, animal health and welfare, environmental education and research applied to these fields.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Knowledge of Catalan or other languages an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience in a similar position.
- Proven experience in management and control of multi-disciplinary teams in complex environments.
- Experience in leadership, management and coordination of research and conservation centres or similar organizations in the wildlife field.
If interested, please submit your CV and covering letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention Zoo News Digest should you apply for this post
Please also consider advertising your vacancy here in Zoo Jobs. Simply send it as an attachment or within the body of your email to email@example.com
Vacancies advertised here reach more zoo/aquarium staff in more zoos around the world faster than any other medium
For Your Further Information