Job title: Assistant Zoo Operations Manager
Company: Chessington World of Adventures Resort
Salary: £24,000 + excellent benefits
Location: Chessington, Surrey
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Chessington World of Adventures Resort team as Assistant Zoo Operations Manager!
Guests visit Chessington World of Adventures for Britain’s wildest day out and the animals they encounter all add to the atmosphere of excitement and discovery. From Tigers to Sharks, Gorillas and Military Macaws to Marmosets, our Zoo and SEA LIFE Centre boast a huge array of wildlife
About the role
Every section is designed to help our Adventurers get up even closer and more personal with the cheeky, the mischievous and the exotic – and in this key role, you’ll be right there at the heart of it, making sure that everything runs smoothly.
Supporting the Zoo Manager in the safe & efficient delivery of the Zoo Operation, focusing on animal welfare & husbandry and of course, Adventurer experience!
Key objectives include:
- Manage & promote the compliance & adherence to all relevant Health & Safety Procedures & Protocols, to ensure the highest standards for self, visitors and guests.
- A track record in Leading, motivating & developing teams/sections to maintain the highest possible standard of Animal Husbandry, Animal Welfare, Conservation, Education & Guest Experience.
- Have a sound knowledge, experience and understanding of ‘positive reinforcement’ animal training.
- Some knowledge and experience with large Hoofstock would be preferable.
- Business acumen with some budgetary experience if possible.
- Develop methods to encourage/increase Adventurer dwell time in the Zoo areas of the Resort.
You will be a dynamic people leader with drive and passion for focus and development. You will have a solid background of Health & Safety knowledge and crucially Zoo Legislation. You perhaps have a goal to become a Zoo Manager and this opportunity will play a crucial part in taking you there. You must be organised and flexible with the business needs and will be able to stay focused and in control under pressure. You will actively evolve with change and business requirements and keep up to date within your field. This position is permanent working full time; flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business.
About us Join our fun and friendly team at Chessington Resort and you’ll reap the rewards that come with working for Merlin Entertainments, Europe’s largest visitor attraction operator. As well as a competitive salary, you can look forward to an impressive range of benefits including a Merlin Magic pass which will give you free admission to all of our attractions, including Alton Towers Resort, THORPE PARK, Warwick Castle, The EDF Energy London Eye and Madame Tussauds.
For a new adventure apply here at: https://merlin.taleo.net/
Or visit our recruitment website www.chessingtonjobs.com