Animal Keeper - Elephants
Woburn Safari Park is currently looking to recruit a full time Animal Keeper to join the Elephant team. Woburn’s Elephant Herd consists of 1.3 Asian Elephants managed primarily in free contact.
Duties will include daily husbandry and management of the elephants including training, washing and exercising. The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a close knit team, demonstrating, good communication skills required for regular elephant presentations and special experiences.
The ideal candidate would be required to have the following;
- Experience of working elephants in free contact minimum of three years.
- Able to supervise and develop work experience students.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Work well within a team.
- Have attained or be willing to work towards the successful completion of the ANC in the Management of Zoo Animals or equivalent qualification.
- Current full driving license would be advantageous.
To apply for this post please submit your CV and covering letter either by post to Heidi Barrett - Animal Administrator, C/O Personnel Department, The Bedford Estates, Bedford Office, Woburn, Milton Keynes, MK17 9PQ.
Alternatively email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday 31st May 2013