Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection.
We currently have a vacancy for an Education Ranger who will support the team delivering talks and activities to visitors. With an immediate start, this role is offered on a permanent minimum hours contract basis (minimum 12 hours per week). Hours are allocated by mutual agreement and you may be required to work up to 5 days out of 7 dependent upon visitor numbers and weather conditions.
· Deliver presentations and activities
· Engage with visitors in immersive exhibits
· Handle enquiries from visitors
· Produce high quality resources for educational activities
Key Skills and Requirements
· Excellent presentation skills and great customer service
· A zoo-related qualification would be desirable
· Experience handling small animals including invertebrates and small mammals.
Rates of pay are £5.88 per hour at ages 16-20 and £7.65 at ages 21 and above. Minimum age is 16 for Health and Safety reasons.
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Closing date 31st January 2018
Independent International Zoo Consultant