An exciting opportunity has arisen within Skegness Aquarium’s Zoo Crew for a Senior Aquarist. The brand new attraction opened on Skegness sea front earlier this year, and is home to tropical marine and terrestrial species set around a Treasure Island themed environment.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Daily husbandry and maintenance of displays
• Life support systems maintenance
• Lab and behind-the-scenes cleaning
• Record keeping
• Maintaining highest standards of animal welfare, compliance with zoo licensing and delivering veterinary care
• Guest interpretation and interaction
• Leading the day-to-day operations of the displays, under direction of the Curator
• Assisting Dive team with dive operations
• At least two years experience working within the aquarium industry
• Experience of tropical aquatic husbandry and sound knowledge of aquarium life support systems
• Qualified PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
• Current HSE Dive Medical, or ability to get one
• Proven leadership skills and ability to work under own initiative
• Good communication skills and confidence speaking in public and interacting with visitors
• Excellent record keeping skills and knowledge of zoo licensing procedure
• Passionate about delivering the highest standards throughout the work environment
• Be able to relocate within 20 minutes of the aquarium
• Qualification in marine biology, animal care or similar
• Qualified PADI Divemaster or higher
• Experience working with terrestrial invertebrates, amphibians and reptiles
This is a full time position which includes working regular weekends and bank holidays as well as being on call for out of hour's emergencies, working sometimes early or late to meet business demands.
For more information please contact, or to apply send a CV and cover letter to:
Skegness Aquarium, Tower Esplanade, Skegness, Lincolnshire, PE25 3HH.
Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.
Closing date: 06/11/2015
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in