Animal Keeper: Great Apes
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year master plan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Giraffe Savannah and Gibbon Forest in 2015.
We currently have a vacancy for an Animal Keeper to work on our Great Apes section. This area manages all four species of great ape: gorilla, chimpanzee, orangutan and bonobo.
· working on the section, covering all areas of animal husbandry
· animal training and record keeping
· interacting with zoo visitors
Key Skills & Requirements:
· enthusiastic, high performing and motivated with a proven track record in zoo animal management
· minimum of 3 years’ experience as a keeper, preferably with Great Apes
· substantial working knowledge of the natural history and management of key species
· good team worker with a positive outlook and excellent communication skills
· commitment to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
· Zoo keeping experience and a relevant animal-related qualification
The role is permanent and includes weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform and 31 days holiday per annum (pro rata).
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in