Deputy Section Head: Elephants
Twycross Zoo is currently going through an exciting period of change as the zoo develops and we are looking for dynamic, knowledgeable individuals to help lead the teams forward.
The elephants section comprises a herd of 5 Asian elephants, which includes two mother/daughter pairings, ranging in age from 12 months to 30 years old. A new grass paddock and raised visitor
walkway with viewing area was completed last summer to complement the large sand paddock and pool.
· A hands-on role, working on the section
· Supervising all areas of daily animal husbandry
· Developing, supervising and training staff
· Taking administrative responsibility, alongside other senior staff within the Large Mammals section
Key Skills & Requirements
· High performing and enthusiastic
· Proven track record of working with elephants in a protected contact system
· Good experience of elephant foot care
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience preferred
· Able to demonstrate good working knowledge of the natural history and management of elephants
· Good team worker with positive outlook
· Excellent communication skills
· Committed to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
· An animal related qualification such as ANCMZA or DZMAA
This is a full time position, including weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is dependant on experience and is paid monthly. We provide uniform, 31 days holiday, 5% employer’s pension
contribution and free single accommodation.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your salary expectations and notice period.
Applications will close once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in