Animal Encounters Officer/Resource Technician
Salary: £16,643 to £18,170 plus £1,755 LW.
Capel Manor College is looking to recruit an Animal Encounters Officer/Resource Technician to be based at Enfield.
The vacancy is full time and the post holder will be required to work weekends and is likely to be asked to work Monday- Wednesday.
Capel Manor College is Greater London’s leading land-based vocational college, with centres in Enfield, Regent’s Park, Crystal Palace, Gunnersbury Park and Newham, delivering courses in Arboriculture and Countryside, Animal Care and Saddlery, Floristry and Balloon Artistry, Garden Design and Horticulture.
· The day-to-day routine care of the College’s animal stock in accordance with the animal welfare policy to include cleaning out of accommodation, provision of feed, water, bedding, nesting material, and daily health checks.
- Supervising college student volunteers carrying out practical duties in animal areas at weekends.
- Co-ordinating and supervising animal interactive sessions for the public at weekends.
- Assisting academic staff within the School, supervising students and providing technical assistance and advice as required.
· Completing records relating to routine animal care, reporting any abnormalities or problems to Line Manager as appropriate.
· Ordering feed, bedding and other consumables for all centres as required in consultation with Line Manager. Storage, security and stock control of such consumables.
For a comprehensive list of duties, please refer to the College Job Description.
· Experience of caring for a range of rodents, exotic animals, birds and farm-stock on a day-to-day basis.
· Experience of working with the public, demonstrating good principles of “Customer Care”.
· Level 2 qualification or higher in an animal care discipline.
· Good interpersonal/ communication skills.
· Knowledge of correct hygiene and cleaning procedures for Animal Unit and associated areas.
· Awareness of Health and Safety issues with regard to own duties and the Animal Unit.
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 03.08.15
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barring list check as it is within regulated activity due to Capel Manor College being defined as a ‘specified place’.
Capel Manor College aims to employ a workforce which reflects the community it serves. Therefore applications from minority groups are welcomed. The College is a Two Ticks Employer (Positive About Disabled People) and therefore where applicants indicate they have a disability and meet the essential criteria in the person specification, they will be short-listed for interview.
Capel Manor College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
It is anticipated that candidates who progress from the application stage will be asked to attend the College for an interview within three weeks of the closing date. Therefore, if you do not hear from the College within that time you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send an e-mail to Capel@r21education.co.uk. You will then be sent the full Job Description, Person Specification and College application form, to be completed and returned before the advertised close date. Please note that the College will not accept CV's in place of completed applications.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in