Full time Senior Keeper required - 40hrs per week including weekends and bank holidays.
Hobbledown in Epsom, Surrey, is currently looking for a full time Senior Keeper to work within the Animal Department.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ paid experience working in a zoological collection working with a range of taxon;
- Excellent leadership qualities and proven track record of supervising a team;
- Strong knowledge and experience working with, in particular exotic & domestic animals;
- The Diploma in the Management of Zoo and Aquarium Animals - DMZAA, or equivalent;
- A good understanding of ZIMS and Zoo licencing would be advantageous;
- Good communication skills, enthusiasm, and an outgoing and friendly personality;
- Ability to interact and communicate well with our guests in a courteous and friendly manner and inspire our younger visitors;
- A presentable appearance, flexible in their approach to work, totally reliable, and be able to work effectively both within a team and on their own when the need arises.
The post holder will be required to support and assist the Curator in the management and husbandry of Hobbledown’s diverse animal collection as well as the supervision of the animal team involved with their care.
A full driving licence preferred.
Due to the expected number of applications we will only be contacting those shortlisted for interview.
Salary circa £17000 pa.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications Friday 21st August 2015
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in