Research & Conservation Coordinator
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Giraffe Savannah and Gibbon Forest in 2015.
We currently have a vacancy for a Research & Conservation Coordinator in our Life Sciences area who will be responsible for developing the research and conservation remit of the Zoo.
· Assist the Director of Life Sciences to develop the research and conservation remit of the zoo, liaising with researchers and universities
· Carry out all administration and student management relating to research and conservation
· Liaise with conservation organisations in accordance with the Conservation Strategy
· Assist the Director of Life Sciences in the development of Memoranda of Understanding with key institutions and the implementation of such agreements
· Manage the zoo’s library
· Promote, and continue to develop, the public engagement activities pertaining to research and conservation and generate items for internal and external communication of science
Key Skills & Requirements:
· Educated to MSc level in an animal-science related subject
· Good computer skills and proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
· Ideally previous experience in a similar role
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
· A good understanding of the role of the modern zoo
The role is permanent, full-time (5 days out of 7), salary is paid monthly with 31 days holiday per annum.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in