A POSITION HAS OPENED UP IN THE ANIMAL DEPARTMENT FOR A CURATOR
The successful candidate must be a South African citizen, must be in possession of a valid driver’s licence as well as a competency certificate for rifle use. Be fully bilingual in English and Afrikaans. Be computer literate and have previous management experience.
Experience with hand raising for various species, able to work with snakes, as well as operant conditioning on animals is preferred but not required.
Must be available for shift work and every other weekend.
Duties will include but not be limited to;
- Constructive supervision of all the daily functions of the department
- Designation of subordinates responsibility
- Drafting and revising of time management, rosters, protocols and routinely schedule staff
- Maintaining a neat and hygienic condition of all holding enclosures
- Monitoring daily health, well-being and condition of all animals in section
- Assist with hand rearing
- Data capture and maintenance of record systems relevant to area responsibility
- Research and implementation of the dietary, environmental and behavioural requirements for appropriate and effective display of holding various species in section
- Maintenance, planning and landscaping of exhibits and holding enclosure in section
- Implement a management plan for enrichment and operant conditioning of appropriate target species
- Maintain the medicine supplies and consumption registers
- Keep crates and animal capture equipment clean and stored correctly
- Be contactable at all times
Your CV & cover letter can be sent to Narinda Pentz via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is
31 May 2013
If you do not hear from us within the next 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
* CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND IS COMMITTED TO THE PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE, DIVERSITY AND REDRESS.
Please mention Zoo News Digest should you apply for this post
Please also consider advertising your vacancy here in Zoo Jobs. Simply send it as an attachment or within the body of your email to email@example.com
Vacancies advertised here reach more zoo/aquarium staff in more zoos around the world faster than any other medium
For Your Further Information