Canada’s Accredited Zoos and Aquariums / Zoos et aquariums accrédité du Canada
Reporting to the Board of Directors and working closely with the Association President, you will be responsible for the overall operations of the association and for ensuring sound human, financial and material resource management of the organization. You will plan, organize, direct and supervise the main activities of the Association in collaboration with the National Office team in accordance with the strategic guidelines adopted by the Board of Directors. You will make recommendations to the Board on its activities as well as on all standards, policies and procedures designed to have a medium- to long-term positive impact on the organization. In your role as spokesperson for the association, you will participate actively in raising its profile and developing its network of partners. You will represent the Association during discussions with external stakeholders and in the context of different events involving the general public and the Association’s partners, such as the associations to which it belongs and various levels of government. You will ensure strategic monitoring of the context in which the Association is evolving, while constantly paying attention to its operations, financial health and sustainability.
Key Experience and Competencies
· Undergraduate university degree in a relevant discipline.
· Ten years’ experience in a senior management position, working with a Board of Directors;
· Ability and experience as a spokesperson.
· A modern, unifying and honest manager, known for leadership, who knows how to voice authority and make courageous decisions.
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate long-lasting business and financial partnerships, maintain a national and international network to raise the profile of the Association.
· Capacity to communicate effectively with all levels inside and outside of the organization.
· Strategic vision and capacity to translate this vision in concrete activities and results.
· Solid financial management skills
· Expertise and experience in strategic planning.
· Passion for the Association’s mission.
· Knowledge of the context in which the members of the national and international zoo and aquarium associations evolve (such as the AZA, AZAC and WAZA), as well as the challenges they face, would be an asset.
· Demonstrated capacity to work effortlessly in English and the ability to communicate in fluent French is required.
CAZA-AZAC National Office is located in
contract nature of this position allows flexibility in work location but
proximity to Ottawa would be an asset. Ottawa
Competitive contract terms to be negotiated.
Submit resume complete with desired renumeration by mail to:
Zoo Edmonton Valley
Or via e-mail to: Denise.Prefontaine@edmonton.ca
May 22, 2013