Part Time (4 days per week) - Clerk Grade 6 ($77,441 - $79,711)
Life Sciences, Taronga Conservation Society
Help make a difference in the world of science and conservation
As Taronga Zoo's Nutritionist, you will be responsible for the nutritional management of the zoo’s animal population including the formulation and management of diets, coordination and maintenance of diet sheets, nutritional records and databases, tracking diet changes, staff training in nutrition and implementation of a diet review process.
This position primarily has an operational focus. In addition however, the Zoo Nutritionist will be responsible for both facilitating and advising on research projects and promoting the zoo as a venue for scientific research.
Reporting to the Senior Veterinarian, Taronga Zoo, this key role will be based at Taronga Zoo in
but work and travel to Taronga
Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo will also be required. Sydney
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring:
- A Tertiary qualification in animal nutrition or degree exceeding or equivalent in a related sciences field
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience in nutrition in a related field
- Proven capacity to negotiate and consult at high levels
- Proven capability in problem solving, report writing and project management
- Knowledge of computer programs including relevant spreadsheets and nutrition databases
- Well developed interpersonal and presentation skills
- Training experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of zoos consistent with the strategies and vision of Taronga
- NSW Class C Drivers License.
If you require any further information please contact Larry Vogelnest, Senior Veterinarian, on 02 9978 4618 or email@example.com. A copy of the position description can be obtained by visiting the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au/
Please apply via www.jobs.nsw.gov.au searching for keyword 'Taronga' or this specific position 00001FB0, applicants should include a cover letter, resume and address the selection criteria as part of their application.
25 February 2013
Please mention Zoo News Digest should you apply for this post
Please also consider advertising your vacancy here in Zoo Jobs. Simply send it as an attachment or within the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancies advertised here reach more zoo/aquarium staff in more zoos around the world faster than any other medium
For Your Further Information