Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Birdworld vacancy: Education Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Education Team at Birdworld Bird Park and Gardens, comprising Birdworld, Underwater World and the Jenny Wren Farm, in Farnham, Surrey.
The education team is responsible for the planning and delivery of educational sessions and presentations offered to the general public and to visiting schools and colleges. The team is specifically responsible for the training and husbandry of birds and animals used in presentations and is included in the aviculture team responsible for the husbandry and welfare of bird stock throughout the park. In addition to this the team produces content for park interpretation and species signs.
• Motivated individual who can work alone and as part of a team
• Confident in public speaking to audiences of all ages
• Experience of keeping and training birds/animals
• Excellent written English
• Full driving license
• Tertiary qualification in a biological science
• Experience with delivering presentations in a captive animal collection
• Experience in the education sector
Applications should include an up to date CV and covering letter to be sent to: Recruitment, Human Resources Department,
Denys E. Head Limited, Holt Pound, Nr Farnham, United Kingdom, GU10 4LD
Closing date for applications is: Saturday 11th May and applicants should ideally be available for interview between 20th and 24th May and be available for work from June onwards.