Marine Mammal/ Displays Assistant
Hours: Up to 37.5 hrs per week, including weekends
Wage: Min wages
Work Pattern: Seasonal
Description: The purpose of this role is to assist on the Seal Section with a variety of tasks, such as animal husbandry, Seal shows and presentations to the public and to groups, to supervise hands on activities and to participate in any public holiday or conservational events the aquarium may be hosting.
The main roles and responsibilities for this position include:
· To present confidently and with knowledge talks to large groups or individuals.
· Answering questions the public or groups may pose you regarding inhabitants of the aquarium or possibly of a more diverse nature.
· Assisting customers in completing crafts and activities safely.
· Assisting in husbandry tasks on Seal department.
· Working with the displays team in organising and undertaking seasonal events.
· To carry out VIP guided tours to groups of guests
· To help keep the centre at the highest possibly standard at all times
· Assisting in husbandry tasks on Display’s department (Aquatics and reptiles).
Ideally, you will have completed the DMZAA qualification (or equivalent) or relevant degree along with proven experience. The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills have an understanding and interest in modern zoo animal management, including animal enrichment and animal training using operant conditioning methods.
The role involves working weekends and Bank Holidays, as well as some evening shifts during events.
We provide a variety of events throughout the year and will require successful applicants to wear Costume uniform in line with the theme. You will need to take part in order to provide our Visitors with a memorable and fun experience. We are looking for applicants who can offer excellent customer service and enthusiasm towards such an event.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email CV and provide us with a cover letter to email@example.com
Please note only successful applications with be contacted.
Closing date 1st September 2019
CLICK HERE TO READ THE LATEST ZOONEWS DIGEST AND POSTS BACK TO 1998