Taronga - Conservation Society Australia (Application date has been extended)
Keeper – Elephant Unit
This is an exceptional career opportunity for a committed and experienced Keeper to join our Life Science and Environmental Education division within our Elephant Unit.
Embracing all aspects of the Life Sciences division, this dynamic role exists during an exciting time for the Elephant Unit due to its redevelopment master plan and its focus on the regional Elephant Conservation Breeding program within the context of both free and protected contact.
The successful applicant will possess:
• Certificate III in Captive Animal Management (or equivalent), or the ability to enroll in the course;
• Knowledge and experience in captive husbandry and exhibit design;• Knowledge of animal training and conditioning practices;
• Extensive experience and knowledge regarding the theory of training, the biology of elephants, animal behaviour and operant conditioning;
• Demonstrated experience in elephant husbandry & management;
• Demonstrated customer service ethos;
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills;• Hold a current NSW Class C Drivers Licence;
• Hold or have the ability to gain a Class A&B Firearms Licence.
To be successful in this position you are required to obtain an information package, including the selection criteria, position description and application form.
Please visit our website at www.taronga.org.au (Jobs at the Zoo) or contact Gary Miller: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications, addressing the selection criteria, should be sent to HR Officer, TCSA, PO Box 20, Mosman 2088 by Monday 7 July 2008 quoting reference. no. 2007/3806.
Please mention you saw the advertisement in ZooNews Digest should you apply for this post