Bird Specialist/Keeper - Reaseheath College and Animal Centre
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Animal Management department at Reaseheath College and Animal Centre, as a Bird Specialist/Keeper to join their growing team, and to support the animal collection and expanding provision of animal related subjects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
1. To run a brand new aviary complex with a range of species
2. To manage breeding programmes and have representative conservation important species as part of the ACP
3. To run a raptor husbandry course alongside our resident raptor specialists
4. To develop the bird collection as a visitor and teaching facility.
5. To ensure the highest standards of husbandry and welfare are in place at all times
6. The day to day management of the bird section working closely with the Head keeper
7. Maintain the highest level of animal welfare
8. Monitoring and maintaining animal health including daily weights etc.
9. Develop a well organised flying programme for a range of birds.
10. Participating in the acquisition of specimens
11. Maintain procedures and protocols set out by management and in line with the needs of the Zoo licence.
12. Developing industry links
The ideal candidate will have:
13. A proven track record in working with Raptors and a wide range of experience with other bird groups.
14. A commitment to teaching and training staff and students in all aspects of bird husbandry.
15. The centre holds 125 species and 1000 animals and is a full member of BIAZA.
The animal section maintains good links with OATA, BIAZA, ABWAK, RBST, along with many other key organisations.
For more information please contact
Richard Champion, Animal collection Manager on 01270613161, or email@example.com, for more information
Or apply direct to
For full details please go to http://www.zoonewsdigest.com
Please mention you saw the advertisement in ZooNews Digest should you apply for this post