The Keeping Unit Supervisor position is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and committed individual to be instrumental in the success of the Life Sciences division at Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
This dynamic role, located in Dubbo, will be responsible for effectively and efficiently working with, and supervising employees within the Life Sciences division as well as working with and providing support to the Precinct Manager in developing routines, implementing and following operations, policies and procedures set by the division.
The successful applicant will possess:
• Certificate III in Captive Animals (or equivalent).
• Extensive experience in Zoo keeping or related animal field.
• Possess an extensive working knowledge of the biology and behaviour of animal species generally and conservation needs.
• Appropriate specialist skills in an animal related field.
• Understanding of animal training and conditioning practices.
• Demonstrated customer service ethos.
• Computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Experience in staff supervision and the ability to liaise closely with staff.
• Good problem solving, oral and written communication skills.
To obtain further information including a position description, selection criteria and an application form visit www.taronga.org.au or contact Paul Metcalfe on (02) 6881 1458, or email email@example.com
Applications should be sent to HR Officer, Taronga Western Plains Zoo, PO Box 831, Dubbo NSW 2830 by Friday 22 August 2008, quoting reference no. 2008/3901
For full details please go to http://www.zoonewsdigest.com
Please mention you saw the advertisement in ZooNews Digest should you apply for this post