Keeper / Vet Nurse - Taronga Wildlife Hospital
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Keeper/Vet Nurse to join the Taronga Conservation Society Australia on a permanent full time basis. This position will be based within the Taronga Wildlife Hospital (TWH) which is responsible for the maintenance of the health and welfare of Taronga’s animal collection and the treatment and rehabilitation of wildlife brought to the hospital, while providing a high standard of veterinary expertise.
This position is ideal for someone with veterinary nursing experience who is looking to further their career as a Zoo Veterinary Nurse. This role will be provided with job training in the TWH in the areas of animal husbandry, zoo veterinary nursing and intensive care practices, rehabilitation of Australian native animals, and the care of exotic animals undergoing quarantine for the zoo collection.
The successful applicant will possess:
• Certificate III in Captive Animal Management (or equivalent), or the ability to enrol in the course
• Knowledge and experience in captive husbandry and exhibit design.
• Knowledge of animal training and conditioning practices.
• Demonstrated customer service ethos.
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
• Hold a current NSW Class C Drivers Licence.
• Hold or have the ability to gain a Class A&B Firearms Licence.
• Veterinary Nursing experience.
• Veterinary Nursing Certificate or equivalent.
• Knowledge and experience in physical and chemical restraint of animals.
• Knowledge of common diseases that affect non-domestic animals, principals of preventative medicine relevant to zoos.
To obtain further information including a position description, selection criteria and an application form visit www.taronga.org.au or contact Libby Hall on (02) 9978 4751, or email email@example.com
Applications should be sent to HR Officer, Taronga Conservation Society Australia, PO Box 20, Mosman 2088 by Monday 22 December 2008, quoting reference no. 2008/434.
For full details please go to http://www.zoonewsdigest.com
Please mention you saw the advertisement in ZooNews Digest should you apply for this post