Keeper - Taronga Zoo
This is an exceptional career opportunity for a committed and motivated individual to join our Australian Fauna Precinct team. This position plays vital part in Australian Fauna conservation through public education about natural habitats, research, breeding and field conservation.
Embracing all aspects of the Life Sciences division, the successful applicant will possess:
· Certificate III in Captive Animal (or equivalent), or the ability to enrol in the course
· Knowledge and experience in captive husbandry and exhibit design.
· Knowledge of animal training and conditioning practices.
· Demonstrated customer service ethos.
· Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
· Hold a current NSW Class C Drivers Licence.
· Hold or have the ability to gain a Class A&B Firearms Licence
It is essential that the successful candidate holds a current driver’s licence and has the ability to work over a 7 day roster.
To obtain an information package, including the position description and application form, please visit our website www.taronga.org.au
or contact Warrick Angus on 02 9978 4733 or email@example.com
Applications, including an application form and resume should be posted to the HR Officer, Taronga Conservation Society Australia, PO Box 20 Mosman NSW 2088 by Monday 24 August 2009 quoting reference number 2009/3023.
Please visit Zoo News Digest at: http://zoonewsdigest.blogspot.com/