General Assistant - Big Cats - Australia Zoo
Department: Big Cats
As a General Assistant you will be primarily responsible for general maintenance and grounds for all Big Cat enclosures, preparing and processing diets and general cleaning around the compound.
Your key responsibilities are to:
• Maintain health and safety procedures and security as directed by senior keepers
• Follow instructions from handlers in a safe and secure manner.
• Form a general understanding on Tiger information
• Prepare daily diets and enrichment which includes butchering in meat room
• Clean, maintain and develop all exhibits and enclosures
• General household cleaning
• Cleaning of tiger night dens
• Maintain the gardens and landscaping of enclosures and facilities (including mowing).
• Ability to use saws, power tools and knives.
• Participate in performance and development reviews
• Maintaining Australia Zoo’s customer service standards
• Maintaining and ensuring confidentiality and privacy
• Work within the guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure staff and visitor safety & security.
• Participate in performance training and development reviews or programs as requested by the company both on and off the job.
• Attend meetings as requested by Management.
• Other duties as requested by Management
This position is a long term position for someone who is dedicated. The duties required are not based around the Tigers and will not include tiger handling, which means this position will be strictly ‘hands off’.
Zoo keepers and staff at Australia Zoo continually work towards providing new and improved facilities and excellent care for the animals. They do this with enthusiasm and motivation towards their individual learning and training. Zoo Keepers and staff are dedicated to conservation issues and animal welfare.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 11th of October 2009
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
Any achievements you may like to tell us about
your availability (what hours can you work)
A resume in .pdf or .doc format
Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.
To start application please click HERE
Please visit Zoo News Digest at http://zoonewsdigest.blogspot.com/