Taronga Conservation Society Australia currently has a vacancy for a Full-time Aboriginal Education Officer, based at Taronga Zoo. This position offers an exciting opportunity to develop innovative and exciting experiences and programs from an Aboriginal perspective.
The successful applicant will be a member of a supportive and multi-disciplinary team. The role is to coordinate the development and delivery of education programs and provide excellent service to school groups and visitors to Taronga Zoo’s.
To be successful in this role you will require:
• Aboriginality (Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under Section 14 of the Anti-discrimination Act of 1977);
• Hold a formal teaching qualification from a higher education institution recognised by the Department of Education and Training;
• Diverse knowledge of Aboriginal communities;
• Experience in developing and implementing Aboriginal education programs;
• Excellent communication, teamwork, negotiation and organisational skills;
• Experience in theatre or performance based activities;
• High level computer literacy skills including Microsoft office;
• Experience in project management and budget development, reporting and reconciliation.
Please visit http://www.taronga.org.au/ to obtain an application form and information package or for further information regarding this position, please contact Paul Maguire on (02) 9978 4555, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications, including resume, application form and completed selection criteria should be sent to HR Officer, Taronga Conservation Society Australia, PO Box 20, Mosman 2088 or email Mitchell McLachlan email@example.com by Tuesday 2 March quoting reference. no 2010/7.