Deputy Head of Section – Elephants
Woburn’s Elephant herd currently consists of 1.3 Asian Elephants managed primarily in free contact.
Due to an internal promotion, we are currently looking to recruit a Deputy Head of Section to join our team of Elephant keepers. Duties will include daily husbandry and management of the elephants including training, washing and exercising.
The successful applicant should have experience of working within a similar environment. As you will be required to deputise in the absence of the Head of Section you should have supervisory skills and able to demonstrate, good communication skills and interpersonal which are required for regular elephant presentations and special experiences.
The ideal candidate would be required to have the following;
- Sound proven experience of working elephants in free contact for a minimum of three years
- Able to supervise and develop staff and work experience students
- Have attained the ANC in the Management of Zoo Animals or equivalent
- Flexible approach to work and working hours
- Work well within a team
- Current full driving license
Due to the specialist nature of the Deputy role, accommodation may be available for this position.
Further details of this post can be found on our website www.woburn.co.uk.
To apply for this post please submit your CV and covering letter by post to
Animal Admin Officer
C/O Personnel Department
Alternatively email your application to email@example.com.
For Your Information