Orana Wildlife Park
(2 Exotic Positions; 1 Carnivore, 1 Ungulate)
Orana Wildlife Park, New Zealand’s only open range zoo, is seeking to employ two suitably skilled people for the above positions. Duties for these positions will include:
- Daily husbandry for a variety of animals.
- Involvement in breeding and behavioural enrichment programmes.
- Public keeper talks at feeding times.
- Animal observation and record keeping.
- Maintenance of animal enclosures.
- Two years animal husbandry experience and/or Unitec “Care of Captive Wild Animals” certificate.
- Responsible mature attitude and team player.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- High level of physical fitness.
- Good practical skills, for example fencing and irrigation repair work.
If you wish to apply, then we invite you to request an application pack by telephone (03 359 7109) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). All applications must be submitted on the official application form included in the pack by 5 pm, Monday 19 November 2012 and should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to: The Animal Collection Manager, Orana Wildlife Park, P O Box 5130, Christchurch 8542.
Please mention Zoo News Digest should you apply for this vacancy
For Your Information