BARRANQUILLA’S BOTANICAL AND ZOOLOGICAL FOUNDATION
Job Title: Animal Trainer
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Open Period: December 28, 2012 – January 27, 2013
Position Information: Full time, Permanent
Vacancies: One (1)
Barranquilla’s Botanical and Zoological Foundation is a nonprofit organization in charge of the administration of the Barranquilla Zoo since 1993, whose mission is to promote the conservation of the biodiversity of the Caribbean Region of Colombia.
The Animal Trainer is responsible of guaranteeing the training of selected species within the animal collection for demonstration, contact, clinical and behavioral purposes, in accordance with our mission, and the national and international standards adopted by the Foundation.
- Biology, veterinary, ecology or exotic animal training and management degree.
- Two (2) years experience in zoo/wild animal training.
- Staff management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in planning and budgets.
- Availability to work long hours, after-hours calls, and weekend/public holiday work.
- Fluency in Spanish (Native or CEF: B2) and English (TOEFL: 80/120, CEF: B1).
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in database applications and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral expression. Presentation skills desirable.
- Variable compensation
- Life insurance
- Subsidized cafeteria meals and snacks
Please send your CV with your salary expectations to email@example.com. The complete job profile for this position is also available upon request.
What to expect next:
If you are found to be a highly qualified candidate, you will be contacted for further consideration.
Please mention Zoo News Digest should you apply for this vacancy
For Your Information