You will need a good knowledge of exotic wildlife and conservation issues. We are looking for a proactive individual with good proven people skills and excellent presentation skills.
The Education Co-ordinator is responsible for the planning and delivery of the educational sessions and presentations, assisted by the education team, offered to the general public and to visiting schools.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
· Implement an education strategy that addresses all forms of education, including development of new programs;
· Organise education activities and presentations for zoo visitors, including seasonal activities such as arts and crafts;
· Co-ordinate school visits;
· Deliver national curriculum-linked teaching;
· Deliver entertaining and exciting public presentations;
· Assist in the organisation of zoo events; and
· General keeper duties.
Necessary skills required:
· Motivated individual who can work alone and as part of a team;
· Excellent presentation skills;
· Knowledge of wildlife and conservation;
· Flexible approach to work and able to work under pressure;
· Excellent written English;
· Excellent creative writing skills; and
· Full driving license.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline;
· Experience of working within a zoo;
· Experience of teaching at primary level;
· Experience of Microsoft excel, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
Application: Please email a cover letter and cv including contact details of two referees to email@example.com . We regret that due to the volume of response expected it will not be possible to contact every applicant.
Please also consider advertising your vacancy here in Zoo Jobs. Simply send it as an attachment or within the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancies advertised here reach more zoo/aquarium staff in more zoos around the world faster than any other medium
For Your Further Information