Keeper - Wellington, New Zealand
Employer: Wellington Zoo Trust
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Animal Welfare & Protection, Environment & Sustainability
Sector/s: Local Government
Wellington Zoo is a treasure, housing significant animals and plants and employing people who are passionate about conservation, learning and engagement. We are committed to providing opportunities for people to find their personal connection with nature and our dream is to be the best little Zoo in the world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Life Science team as a Keeper on a permanent full time basis (40 hours per week). The successful applicant will be responsible for the daily care of a variety of species and habitats within the Zoo’s animal collection. They will also need to be confident engaging with our visitors.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have:
- Experience in captive animal keeping and daily husbandry.
- Knowledge of behavioural and environmental enrichment techniques.
- The ability to work with limited supervision, solve problems and work well in a team environment.
- The flexibility to work on a roster that includes weekends and public holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills combined with excellent visitor engagement skills.
- Whilst not essential a National Certificate in Captive Wild Animals or equivalent qualification would be an advantage.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
For further information including a position description and application form please go to http://www.wellingtonzoo.com/net/jobs/.
Job Description click HERE
How to apply for this job
To apply please email your covering letter, CV and completed application form to:
using the subject line: Keeper application to
Zoo Keeper Vacancy,
C/- Wellington Zoo Trust,
200 Daniell Street,
Applications must be received by Wednesday 17 July 2013.