British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA)
Regent’s Park, London NW1 4RY
Tel 020-7449 6351 Fax 020-7449 6359
Further details can be obtained from Dr Kirsten Pullen, Executive Director by email or post at above addresses. Closing date is the 1st November 2013
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Programmes and Policy Coordinator - Zoo and Aquarium Association - Regents Park, London
BIAZA, the professional association for zoos and aquariums in Britain and Ireland, based in Regents Park, London has a vacancy for a Programmes and Policy Coordinator. The post is full time and you will work as part of a small team. Your role will focus on the mission driven roles of the Association.
Post of Programmes and Policy Coordinator
You will assist with the support and leadership that BIAZA provides for its membership. This includes assistance with the preparation of BIAZA meetings and participation in them; preparation of publications and guidelines; representing the association at regional, national and international meetings and acting as a spokesperson for the association and its membership.
You will find that the post offers exciting opportunities for advancing the important and timely role of zoos and aquariums and for developing your own skills within this context.
You must hold a BSc in a biological or environmental science. You should have an MSc in a biological science or proven experience working within a zoo or aquarium. You must have a strong interest in the zoo and aquarium community and the role of the modern zoo.
- To represent the Association at a range of meetings
- The coordination and assistance of BIAZA committees and workgroups in identifying and achieving their objectives in relation to mission and strategy
- Liaison with other national, regional and international zoo associations and partnership organizations
- Monitoring and assisting in the production of BIAZA policy and position statements and other BIAZA resources and publications
- Assisting and organizing training programmes for BIAZA members
- Acting as a BIAZA spokesperson when required
- Highly developed communication skills
- Experience and training in facilitation skills
- Effective at developing and maintaining extensive networks
- Ability to act as a spokesperson for BIAZA
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to edit and produce BIAZA publications and guidelines
- Ability to offer impartial advice
- Responsiveness to the needs and requests of members
- Ability to work effectively with government departments
A c.v. and a letter of application to be sent in by e-mail to email@example.com
Did you know that Zoo/Aquarium vacancies posted here reach more people in more zoos around the world than in any other publication?
Zoo News Digest
should you apply for this post
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit
Zoo News Digest
Zoo News Digest
The Zoo Professionals Book Store
if you are looking for a book. This is an Amazon affiliate and you will get a good deal
you can subscribe to the largest and longest established zoo related ezine
Money for Free
If you can write, you can earn. Write about what you like or what you know about. Build up a passive income which will earn you money daily. No catch, no charge. Click on the link below and you could start earning today