BRISTOL ZOO GARDENS
Applications are invited for the position of Registrar (to cover maternity leave, approximately 6 – 8 months) at Bristol Zoo Gardens.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Animal Department records system, including data input into ZIMS from the keeper reports (electronic transfer)
- Provide reports as requested
- Train new users to access and enter ZIMS data and help roll out ZIMS use across the zoo
- Provide support to users of the animal records system ZIMS in its use and in problem resolution
- Manage all animal transfers – both imports and exports
- Manage booking requests for the twice weekly vet clinics.
- Input data into the MedARKS veterinary records system (and ZIMS in due course).
- Ensure that the Senior Curator is advised of any concerns or potential problems with regard to the data or to animal transfers.
- Coordinate the Animal Dept Collection Plan spread sheet in conjunction with the Curators.
- Provide administrative support for the Senior Curator.
37.5 hours Monday to Friday – within normal animal department hours
Very occasional weekend working may be necessary – time to be taken in lieu during the same month as working
The successful applicant will preferably have some working knowledge of animal records and transfers within the international zoo framework and should be educated to at least A level, with a degree in a biological science an advantage. They should be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Office and Windows and be able to learn new software quickly. This post would suit a highly organised and methodical individual who would enjoy using these skills to support Bristol Zoo.
Please visit www.bristolzoo.org.uk for a copy of the job description and person specification for this role.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and full C.V. to: Mrs Sarah Eason, Bristol Zoo Gardens, Clifton, Bristol BS8 3HA by 3.00 pm on Monday 21st October.
Successful applicants will be asked to attend for interview on Thursday, 24th October 2013.
Did you know that Zoo/Aquarium vacancies posted here reach more people in more zoos around the world than in any other publication?
should you apply for this post
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit
Zoo News Digest
Zoo News Digest
The Zoo Professionals Book Store
if you are looking for a book. This is an Amazon affiliate and you will get a good deal
you can subscribe to the largest and longest established zoo related ezine
Money for Free
If you can write, you can earn. Write about what you like or what you know about. Build up a passive income which will earn you money daily. No catch, no charge. Click on the link below and you could start earning today