Seneca Park Zoo
Provide overall creative and professional leadership and management to ensure the measurable success and growth of the Seneca Park Zoo Society. Direct staff to meet and exceed the Zoo Society’s goals and guide them by the tenets of our mission, vision, values, By-Laws and Board of Trustees’ polices and direction. Initiate, support and provide the structure to implement innovative education programs, capital improvement projects, financial strategies for success and cultivation of donors in line with the Society’s Guiding Principles.
- Provide creative, professional leadership to show measurable success and growth for the Seneca Park Zoo Society.
- Maintain and encourage open communications with the Board of Trustees, Board Committees, County Administration and both staffs (Monroe County and Zoo Society) to foster a productive working environment and to promote our messages in a positive light.
- Provide a structure to achieve the goals of the Zoo Society as set by the Board of Trustees and in keeping with the organization’s Guiding Principles.
- Provide direction and support to the Associate Director, and four Department Directors, to established annual goals with clear outcomes that are measurable for tracking success.
- Provide direction and leadership for all of the Society’s capital improvement projects in the areas of vision, design, conservation and educational components, funding, communication, coordination, Board/County/Community relations and fiscal responsibility to produce exhibits that meet our Mission and Guiding Principles.
- Provide direction and support to the Development staff to aid them in identifying, cultivating and soliciting financial support from individuals, corporations, foundations, government and other sources to successfully meet and/or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Provide direction that provides for clear, timely communication of information to internal and external audiences about matters of importance and interest. Ensure that our message is consistent, positive and adheres to our Guiding Principles.
- Consult and support the Communications Director to produce high quality, interesting and informative printed materials.
- Assume a leadership role, which often includes the role of liaison, on Board of Trustees and Volunteer Committees.
- Provide direction and support to the Associate Director to ensure the Zoo Society is fiscally responsible and that monthly financial reports are accurate and reflective of our financial health.
- Provide direction and support for the Director of Education and Interpretation to ensure interpretive design and messaging is consistent throughout Zoo facility and educational programming exceeds the needs of our community.
- Provide direction and support to the Visitor Services Director in an effort to continuously improve the quality of the experience and that best practices are being implemented to keep visitors engaged and enlightened.
- Consistently cultivate and raise funds from individuals who can support the Zoo and maintain a quality stewardship for those donors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Previously held a management or high-level administrator position at a not-for–profit or conservation organization.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, public relations, communications, marketing, finance, human resources, strategic planning and community outreach.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, which includes your salary requirement, and resume to email@example.com. Only resumes submitted online will be accepted.
Deadline to submit is November 15, 2013.
Did you know that Zoo/Aquarium vacancies posted here reach more people in more zoos around the world than in any other publication?
should you apply for this post
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit
Zoo News Digest
Zoo News Digest
The Zoo Professionals Book Store
if you are looking for a book. This is an Amazon affiliate and you will get a good deal
you can subscribe to the largest and longest established zoo related ezine
Money for Free
If you can write, you can earn. Write about what you like or what you know about. Build up a passive income which will earn you money daily. No catch, no charge. Click on the link below and you could start earning today