Deputy Team Leader - Hoofstock
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Team Leader in managing, mentoring and training staff.
- In consultation with other stakeholders, write and implement training processes and protocols, best practice guidelines and procedures for health and safety and animal husbandry purposes.
- Assist Team Leader in ensuring that the relevant systems (ZIMS etc.) are kept up to date and accurate.
- Work on section to contribute to husbandry of animals on section.
- Quality control and problem solve day to day work on section with appropriate communication and consultation with Team Leader.
- Applicants should have experience working with a range of ungulate species.
- Candidates should have experience in managing teams and projects.
- Applicants should be able to take the initiative to tackle and prevent problems as well as make improvements to facilities and protocols.
- Good communication skills and experience of dealing with the public is essential, together with the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Experience with behavioural management and handling of a range of hoofed mammals, including category 1 species.
- An understanding of ungulate nutrition, welfare and husbandry guidelines.
Learn more HERE
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this jobonline" button. If you have any queries regarding these positions or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Thursday 18th October 2018.
Independent International Zoo Consultant