Front of House Sales and Administration Vacancy
Ventura Wildlife Park
Location: Ware, Hertfordshire, UK.
Vacancy: Front of House Sales and Administration Vacancy
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic, reliable and motivated individual to join our team in a customer-facing role which will incorporate a variety of administrative tasks. You will report to and assist the Park Director whilst maintaining impeccable customer service standards.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL:
- Be enthusiastic, motivated and reliable.
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Have experience of dealing with customers of all ages and abilities.
- Have a smart appearance and welcoming, professional demeanour, as you will be the face of our organisation, greeting guests as they enter the Park.
- Have an excellent telephone manner and knowledge of Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have excellent communication, written and numerical skills.
- Have experience working within the leisure and tourism industry (preferred but not essential).
The ideal candidate should be confident working independently following an initial training period and will be expected to familiarise themselves with our products and services to increase sales. This will include sales of admission tickets, annual memberships, animal sponsorships, experiences and encounters, educational and group visits, as well as souvenirs within our Tiki Traders Gift Shop.
THE ROLE INVOLVES:
- General sale of admission tickets.
- Cash handling and end-of-day cashing up procedures.
- Monitoring and responding to email and telephone enquiries for all areas of the Ventura Wildlife organisation.
- Utilising the electronic diary system to deal with bookings for all events and experiences whilst ensuring the keeping team are aware of what is happening each day.
- Operating Tiki Traders Gift Shop on a daily basis, including stock replenishment and ordering.
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and well-stocked office.
- Placing orders on behalf of the Park Director and Keeping Team.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and feedback professionally and efficiently.
- Keeping the Welcome Centre, Gift Shop and the Education & Events Centre clean and tidy.
This is a full-time position, working 5 days a week including some weekends and Bank Holidays, as these are our busiest times. Salary will be dependent on experience ranging from £14,000-£16000 per year.
To be considered for this role, please send a CV to email@example.com
Independent International Zoo Consultant