Conservation & Education | Commercial Focus
Managing Taronga and Taronga Western Plains Zoos and regarded as a leader in the world zoological community, the Taronga Conservation Society Australia (TCSA) promotes and protects Australian wildlife and exotic species
across its two signifi cant sites. It has a total animal collection of 4,500 and attracts 1.6 million visitors annually.
The Chief Executive role is an exceptional opportunity to lead a highly complex organisation and demonstrate your expertise in the leadership of a conservation and tourism-related organisation. You will drive the development of the existing sites, engage with key stakeholders and raise the public’s appreciation for wildlife conservation.
• Attract visitors, maximise fi nancial returns and augment fundraising and sponsorship arrangements while directing to research conservation programs
• Drive educational initiatives and lead the existing capital works program
• Engage with stakeholders including government, commercial businesses, research bodies and the public
• Track record leading a complex organisation combined with negotiation, infl uencing, media skills and experience interacting with government
• Financial, asset and people management, capital development experience and commercial acumen
• Demonstrated strategic and conceptual thinking as well as the ability to balance business and environmental needs
To apply confi dentially, please register at our website www.futurestep.com.au by responding to Opportunity
Code SMH66272. For further information please contact Patrizia Anzellotti on (02) 9006 3541, Carolyn Soddy on
(02) 9006 3468 or Helen Johnson on (02) 9006 3412.
For full details please go to http://www.zoonewsdigest.com
Please mention you saw the advertisement in ZooNews Digest should you
apply for this post