Closing Date: OPEN
Job description for the position as a Laboratory Assistant and Junior Veterinarian:
- 70% laboratory work 30% veterinary work
- Assistance in laboratory organization, administration and maintenance.
- Assistance in all laboratory work like blood work, microbiology and parasitology.
- Assistance in autopsy of different wild animal species.
- Assistance in the organization and execution of hospital and clinic maintenance
- Assistance in all fields of zoo and wildlife veterinary work.
- Recording of health programs and related data administration
- Administration and management of medicine and consumption materials stock lists
Applicants for the position must fulfill the following requirements:
- Veterinary degree and some basic experience.
Flexibility and good organization skills.
- Experience in office administration, good computer know-how (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Good communication skills and fluency in English
Experience in identification of different external and internal parasites.
- Experience in identification and differentiation of blood cells.
- Ability to work independently and within a motivated team.
- Patient and sensitive to the animals needs, experience in animal handling and interest in wildlife
- Describe your previous work experience.
- What benefits or skills have you gained?
- How do you describe your relation to nature and animals?
- Are you experienced in the examination, treatment and handling of sick animals?
- Do you have any experience in inventory and maintenance of a stock?
- Are you experienced in different computer programs? If yes, what kind of programs?
- Do you have any experience in performing monthly reports and statistics?
- Do you have experience in performing an autopsy? What kind of animals?
- What characteristics do you have which should convince us to hire you?
- What are your professional targets and what do you expect working in Qatar?
- How much salary would you expect? How much salary have you got at your previous job?
Accommodation is free at the Preservation. Four weeks holiday with one paid ticket home per year. Flexible working hours, depending on the season. AWWP will offer a two year-contract with an initial probationary period of three months. Salary will be discussed after more application details are known.
The position needs to be filled with a skilled person, to maintain and increase our high standard.
Do not hesitate to ask for more details. Please submit your CV and the answers of the above questions to:
Christiana Hebel, Assistant Veterinarian P.O. Box 44069, Al Wabra Wildlife Preservation, Doha, State of QatarFax: +974 471 8707 Click here to e-mail website: http://awwp.alwabra.com/