- Interested in Reptiles?
- Want to join a Zoo who’s dream is to be the best little Zoo in the world?
Wellington Zoo is a treasure, housing significant populations of animals, plants and people who are passionate about conservation, education and recreation. Some 180,000 people visit the Zoo each year. The Zoo conserves precious species and raises awareness of the human contribution to both the destruction and sustainability of ecosystems.
Under the management of the Wellington Zoo Trust, the Zoo is heading in new and exciting directions. The Trust’s vision is for the Zoo to be a magical place of learning and fun, bringing animals in their environments and people who visit together.
We have a full time permanent Keeper position available from 1 July 2009. The role will involve providing daily care to our Reptile Collection however you will need to be willing to work on other sections as required.
The successful applicant will have:
- A National Certificate in Captive Wild Animals or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in captive animal keeping and daily husbandry.
- Knowledge of behavioural and environmental enrichment techniques.
- The ability to work with limited supervision, solve problems and work well in a team environment.
- The ability to work on a roster that includes weekends and public holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Please email your covering letter, CV and completed application form to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by 5pm Wednesday, 24 June 2009.
For more information please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org