Senior Reproductive Biologist - Taronga Conservation Society - Australia
The TCSA reproductive program was established in 1994 to perform reproductive research and provide a management resource to both Taronga and Taronga Western Plains Zoo, as well as other conservation and animal management organisations.
The successful applicant will possess:
• Degree in Reproductive Sciences, post-graduate training and/or significant experience in comparative (zoo and wildlife) reproductive biology investigation.
• Experience with grant writing and fundraising on individual, corporate, foundation and governmental levels
• Ability to work productively in a team, develop collaborations with a broad range of government agencies and experience in student and staff supervision
• Capable of initiating and managing research projects to be published in peer reviewed journals
• Understanding of broad activities of the zoo industry.
• Demonstrated experience with teaching, lecturing and public speaking.
• Interest and experience in applying reproductive science to conservation of species in the field.
• Understanding and commitment to environmental and occupational health and safety principles.
To obtain further information including a position description, selection criteria and an application form visit www.taronga.org.au or contact Rebecca Spindler on (02) 9978 4608, or email email@example.com
Applications should be sent to HR Officer, Taronga Conservation Society Australia, PO Box 20, Mosman 2088 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Human Resources Recruitment Officer) by Thursday 26 November 2008, quoting reference no. 2009/57.
Please visit Zoo News Digest at : http://zoonewsdigest.blogspot.com/