Lecturers in Animal Science
Salary: £18,708 to £33,564 plus £1,890 LW.
Capel Manor College are looking for 2 x full time Peripatetic Lecturers in Animal Science.
One vacancy is primarily based at Crystal Palace with an immediate start and the other is primarily based at Enfield with an expected September start.
When applying, please state which location(s) you wish to be considered for.
Capel Manor College is Greater London’s leading land-based vocational college, with centres in Enfield, Regent’s Park, Crystal Palace, Gunnersbury Park and Newham, delivering courses in Arboriculture and Countryside, Animal Care and Saddlery, Floristry and Balloon Artistry, Garden Design and Horticulture.
- Delivering and co-ordinating the assessment of a range of subjects related to Animal Science and GCE science subjects to appropriate examination body standards, including both centre- and work-based learning. Competence in the care and management of a wide range of animal species would be an advantage.
- Acting as a Course Manager including minuting of meetings, carrying out tutorials with students, recording results and providing management information.
- Providing specialist advice relating to animal care activities and developments.
- Contributing to management of delegated budgets in accordance with College polices and procedures.
· Supporting curriculum planning, development and support within the School.
- Researching and the production of course materials.
For a comprehensive list of duties, please refer to the College Job Description.
· HND, degree or similar in a science or animal related discipline.
· Teaching qualification (support will be given to gain accreditation.)
· A commitment to and enthusiasm for the teaching and guidance of students at all levels.
· Effective communication/organisation skills and ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
· Sound administrative skills.
· Familiarity with Information Learning Technology applications.
Closing date: 01.06.15
These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barring list check as it is within regulated activity due to Capel Manor College being defined as a ‘specified place’.
Capel Manor College aims to employ a workforce which reflects the community it serves. Therefore applications from minority groups are welcomed. The College is a Two Ticks Employer (Positive About Disabled People) and therefore where applicants indicate they have a disability and meet the essential criteria in the person specification, they will be short-listed for interview.
Capel Manor College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
It is anticipated that candidates who progress from the application stage will be asked to attend the College for an interview within three weeks of the closing date. Therefore, if you do not hear from the College within that time you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send an e-mail to Capel@r21education.co.uk. You will then be sent the full Job Description, Person Specification and College application form, to be completed and returned before the advertised close date. Please note that the College will not accept CV's in place of completed applications.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in