Primate KeeperWith the impending arrival of our group of chimpanzees we are once again looking to add a further member of staff to our animal care team. If you want to be part of one of the UKs fastest growing zoos and are excited about the prospect of being part of something new, this position might be for you! Wingham Wildlife Park is a family run wildlife park with big emphasis on animal husbandry, conservation, education and safety for our animals, staff and visitors. We are looking for a likeminded “team player” who would fit in to our primates section.
The Candidate Will:
- Be able to communicate on a one-to-one basis as well as leading public talks to large crowds.
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience working with primates (some great ape experience preferable)
- Good observation skills when dealing with the animals at the park.
- Be able to interact with the public and take part with our experiences programs at the park.
- Have relevant animal husbandry qualifications.
- Have a valid UK driving license or have good access to transport links.
The Role Involves:
- Day to day husbandry of animals in our primates section.
- Giving talks to visitors about some of the species on the section.
- Communicating well with team members.
- Strict adherence to safe working practices.
- Maintaining high standards around the park including emptying bins, weeding and window cleaning.
About Employment with WWP:
This full time position requires people to be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions, including working on weekends, during school holidays and on bank holidays.
We give statutory holiday entitlement.
48 hours per week during the summer season and dropping to 40 hours per week during the winter season.
This position will pay at the rate of the national minimum wage. All applications to be addressed for the attention of Ruth Wilder to email@example.com along with a covering letter and CV. For applications to this particular job please use reference PRI01 in the email title. Any applications through other channels will be disregarded.
Applications open until 31st June 2015.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in