Veterinary NurseTHIS VACANCY IS NOW FILLED
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year master plan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Giraffe Savannah and Gibbon Forest in 2015.
A permanent position has become available for an experienced qualified Veterinary Nurse, to become part of our busy team.
· Maintaining the veterinary facilities
· Delivering the preventative medicine programme and triaging cases
· Dispensing medication
· Assisting with health checks and clinical procedures
· Record keeping
· Training staff on veterinary procedures
Key Skills & Requirements
· Qualified, experienced, RCVS registered veterinary nurse
· Dedicated to animal health and welfare
· Good team worker with a positive outlook and excellent communication skills
· Efficient and organised
· Enthusiastic, high performing and motivated
· Committed to continued professional development of yourself, other staff and students
We are a clinical associate of the University of Nottingham School of Veterinary Medicine and Science and as an expanding teaching centre we teach final year veterinary students throughout the year. Experience in the use of ZIMS would be helpful and zoo-based nursing practice, knowledge of anaesthetic darting, along with experience of large animals would be advantageous.
The role is full time, working 5 days out of 7, including weekend duties as part of a veterinary team rota. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform and 31 days holiday per annum
If you are interested, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in