Education Ranger X2
(Temporary Contract Expected To Last 6 Months)
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year asterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Gibbon Forest in 2016.
We currently have a vacancy for two Education Rangers who will support the team during our Winter season. The contracts are for a minimum of 20 hours per week (additional hours may be available depending on visitor numbers and weather conditions).
· Deliver presentations and activities
· Staff exhibits and facilitate visitor engagement
· Take bookings for Discovery programmes
· Handle enquiries from visitors
· Assist with the delivery of pre-booked educational programmes
· Produce high quality resources for educational activities
Key Skills and Requirements
· Excellent presentation skills and great customer service
· An Education-related qualification and/or experience would be advantageous
· A zoo-related qualification would be desirable
· Experience handling small animals
Rates of pay are £5.25 per hour at ages 16-17, £5.68 at ages 18, 19 & 20, £7.05 at ages 21-24 and £7.20 at age 25 and above. Minimum age is 16 for Health and Safety reasons.
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to:
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Please mention ZooNews Digest should you apply for this post