Riyadh Zoo is the largest zoo in Saudi Arabia. Located in the splendid capital city of Riyadh, this zoo is spread over 55 acres of land in the middle of the city. It opened in 1957 as a small zoo that housed animals given to the zoo by members of the royal family. Over the years it became one of the most-visited attractions in the country.
In 1987, Riyadh Zoo was refurbished and opened to the public. The modern new zoo was designed to provide comfort to its inhabitants. Animals are comfortably housed and have sufficient moving and resting space. With more than 1,400 animals present in the Riyadh Zoo, it has become a must-visit for tourists of all ages.
1. Supervise the keepers under your supervision.
2. Experience in mix animal collection.
3. Adds vitamins or medication to food as prescribed by Veterinarian.
4. Observes animals to detect illnesses and injuries and notifies the Veterinarian.
5. Transfers animals from one enclosure to another for purposes such as breeding, giving birth, rearrangement of exhibits, or shipping.
6. Management and operation of a small mix animal collection of Antelopes.
Technical and Academic Requirements:
This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent. A minimum of two years related experience.
Other Requirements and General Skills:
Hard working, dependable, reliable and proactive.
Strong product presentation skills.
Must be a self-starter and a problem solver. A very good team player.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
Service and detail oriented.
Work can be physical and or may involve lifting of items on a daily basis, Must have good alertness skills.
There will be a three months trial with possibilities to an one-year contract with an option if they prove themselves efficient keepers. The Salary will be negotiated, tickets, accommodation, insurance, and transportation will be supplied on the understanding that you will live in one building as a group.
Peter de Chellis Zoo Director
Riyadh Zoological Garden
Mobile: + 966 503479602
Tel: +966 (1) 4779523 Ext. 249
Fax + 966 (1) 4793968
Please mention ZooNews Digest should you apply for this post