Experienced animal keeper - elephants
Woburn Safari Park
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced animal keeper to join the elephant team and to work one day a week on reserves and animal Encounters.
Woburn’s elephant herd consists of 4 adult Asian elephants and our elephant calf, which are managed primarily in free contact.
Duties will include daily husbandry and management of the elephants including training, washing and exercising. The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a close knit team and will be able to demonstrate the good communication skills required for regular elephant presentations and special experiences.
The ideal candidate would be required to have the following;
- Experience working with elephants, preferably free contact, within a similar environment
- Have attained the ANC in the Management of Zoo Animals qualification or equivalent
- Work well within a team and be able to supervise and develop work experience students
- Flexible approach to work and working hours
- Current full driving license
The position is permanent, full time working 5 days out of 7. As this will include regular weekend working, a flexible approach to days / hours will be required.
Closing date: 26th November 2017
To apply for this job:
For full job description and to apply please click HERE.
Independent International Zoo Consultant