Operations manager, Philippines (full-Time / permanent)
ZSL - London Zoo
ZSL is seeking an operations manager in the Philippines who will report to the Head of Marine and Freshwater. The role will primarily focus on the accounting aspects of the position whilst supervising efficient general operational functions. As such the post holder will be expected to provide strategic leadership to the finance and operations team in the Philippines office (across two sites) ensuring high quality financial service are delivered. This will involve managing a team of 8 people and working closely with project staff, ZSL HQ conservation programmes, key members of the marine and freshwater team and other programme and country Managers. This is a newly created position that will respond to ZSL’s growing portfolio of projects and staff in the Philippines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and develop the existing operations team to achieve operational objectives whilst inspiring the individuals to reach their full potential.
- Oversee the accounting function of the country office ensuring financial management policies and best practice are adhered to in line with the ZSL UK finance department.
- Manage the base and field offices ensuring the registration process and appropriate insurances are up to date and legally complaint.
- Lead the finance team to be effective business partners to project managers and other budget holders
- Oversee the HR and health and safety function ensuring effective recruitment, induction and training is delivered and appropriate HR and health and safety policies in place in collaboration with the ZSL UK HR and health and safety departments.
- Supervise sub-contractors for project partners and draw up/publicise calls for tender as required and in line with procurement guidelines.
- Design and support the development of useful reporting tools and templates for budgeting & forecasting
- With the country manager and project managers prepare, agree and manage the annual country budget.
- Hold an internationally recognised accountancy qualification (e.g. CPA or equivalent qualification or equivalent level of working experience) with a proven track record of leading and developing high performing teams in a complex organisation.
- Current or previous staff management experience with the ability to critically assess and propose alternative course of action.
- Experience with Management Accounting Systems (e.g. QuickBooks) and using PC and Microsoft Office packages.
- Proven experience leading a finance team (of ~8 people) within a medium sized company or NGO.
- Previous experience in handling budget preparation, financial management and financial reporting.
- Strong project management and excellent interpersonal skills will be essential as you will be instrumental in the ongoing development of the finance function and will possess demonstrable experience of high quality delivery in a rapidly changing environment.
- Independently driven and show initiative; with strong administrative skills.
- Previous experience in a charity / NGO setting is desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken Ilonggo / Cebuano and English.
Please note: The position will be based in ZSL-Philippines Head office in Iloilo, Panay with regular visits to our satellite office in Cebu and less frequently to our project offices in Aparri, Cagayan (Northern Luzon) and Guiuan, Samar.
To apply for this job:
Applicants will need to send their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) to email@example.com
If you have any queries regarding this position please contact Human Resources via the e-mail address above.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 26th November 2017.
Anticipated interview dates
1st Stage interviews: Thursday 30th Novemmer
Independent International Zoo Consultant