Job Title: Specialist Keeper Wetlands
Designation: Technical Officer 2 Work Unit: Territory Wildlife Park Position Number: 4510
Responsible To: Assistant Curator
Primary Objective Undertake a leadership/supervisory role for the daily husbandry and care of the living collection maintained within the various Wetland displays including the Aquarium, Billabong and Oolloo Sandbar exhibits. Contribute to the planning and development of the Park’s living collection, their displays and interpretation.
1. Provide advice, training and supervision on all aspects of captive animal husbandry relating to animals that inhabit Wetlands including fish, amphibians, reptiles and birds.
2. Advise the Assistant Curator with regard to the animal collection requirements specific to Wetlands.
3. Develop the interpretive messages and ensure quality presentations of and about the Wetland exhibits.
4. Represent the Territory Wildlife Park in public forums such as conferences, visual and print media and public displays and presentations
5. Contribute to park development planning sessions.
1. Demonstrated experience in the captive husbandry of a variety of Wetland animal taxa.
2. Possess a sound working knowledge of closed recirculating aquatic life support systems for both fresh and salt water species and a working knowledge of associated technologies.
3. Demonstrated experience in leading a small team including staff training and supervision.
4. Possess an understanding of government procurement processes.
5. Willingness and ability to work outside normal hours, when required.
6. Well developed oral and written communication skills including demonstrated experience in public speaking.
7. Current C class drivers licence. 8. Ability to work with people of different cultures.
1. Open water or above SCUBA diving qualification or ability to obtain.
2. Senior First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation Qualifications or ability to obtain.
Further Information 1. Contact Dion Wedd, Curator, on email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 08 8988 7200.
Approved Andrew Bridges Chief Executive Officer
Apply Online: https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Applicant/CandidateApplicationScreens.aspx?RTF_ID=41184
Vacancy Closes: Sunday 26 January 2014
Did you know that Zoo/Aquarium vacancies posted here reach more people in more zoos around the world than in any other publication?
should you apply for this post
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit
Zoo News Digest
Zoo News Digest
The Zoo Professionals Book Store
if you are looking for a book. This is an Amazon affiliate and you will get a good deal
you can subscribe to the largest and longest established zoo related ezine
Money for Free
If you can write, you can earn. Write about what you like or what you know about. Build up a passive income which will earn you money daily. No catch, no charge. Click on the link below and you could start earning today