Job Title: Zookeeper
Designation: Technical Officer 1 Work Unit: Life Sciences Territory Wildlife Park Position number: 15350 Responsible to: Specialist Keeper
Under the direction of a Specialist Keeper, assist with general zoo keeping duties associated with the care and maintenance of the Park’s animal collection and assist in the implementation of holistic environmental and conservation based visitor experiences to demonstrate a new level of environmental awareness, education and appreciation.
1. The routine daily care of animals, exhibits and the maintenance of displays to reflect the Park’s philosophy of exhibiting healthy wildlife in naturalistic displays.
2. Assist with the capture, handling and transportation of captive and wild animals.
3. Coordinate and participate in daily visitor presentations.
4. Prepare daily section reports and make recommendations as required.
5. Other duties as directed by the section supervisor.
Selection Criteria Essential
1. Proven experience working with a range of captive native and non native animals in a captive habitat based zoological environment.
2. A demonstrated ability to interact effectively and respectfully with people from diverse cultures.
3. Demonstrated ability to engage park visitors through “hands on” wildlife experiences and daily presentations.
4. Possess excellent observation skills with particular emphasis on animal health, wellbeing and exhibit potential.
5. Possess sound written and oral communication skills.
6. Possess a proven ability to follow instruction by a supervisor, work as part of a team, apply initiative and quickly acquire new skills.
7. Possess a current C class driver’s licence.
1. Possess a zoo keeping or relevant qualification from a recognised institution.
2. Possess or have the ability to obtain a Senior First Aid Certificate.
Further Information For further information please visit our website at www.nt.gov.au/pwcnt
Contact Damien Stanioch, Assistant Curator on 08 8988 2737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online: https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Applicant/CandidateApplicationScreens.aspx?RTF_ID=41189
Vacancy Closes: Sunday 26th of January 2014
Andrew Bridges Chief Executive Officer December 2013
Did you know that Zoo/Aquarium vacancies posted here reach more people in more zoos around the world than in any other publication?
should you apply for this post
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit
Zoo News Digest
Zoo News Digest
The Zoo Professionals Book Store
if you are looking for a book. This is an Amazon affiliate and you will get a good deal
you can subscribe to the largest and longest established zoo related ezine
Money for Free
If you can write, you can earn. Write about what you like or what you know about. Build up a passive income which will earn you money daily. No catch, no charge. Click on the link below and you could start earning today