TEMPORARY ASSISTANT CONSERVATION OFFICER
(6 MONTH MATERNITY COVER)
Chester Zoo, one of Europe’s leading zoological collections, has a well-established Field Conservation & Research Division responsible for co-ordinating a diverse portfolio of conservation activities worldwide. Support includes ten flagship conservation programmes and a substantial conservation grant initiative. Conservation activities involve strong partnerships with various organisations and complement and interact with the zoo’s ex-situ conservation activities.
The Assistant Conservation Officer post is a 6 month position after which it will be reviewed, to support the Field Conservation & Research Division in all aspects of its work.
This role involves:
- Monitoring and evaluating existing conservation support, and assisting with the development of new support
- Providing and developing external and internal communications
- Leading the Division’s involvement in media related activities alongside other departments
- Assisting with coordination and communications relating to field conservation programmes
Applicants should have the following:
· A postgraduate degree in a biological sciences related discipline
· Experience and knowledge of biodiversity conservation in general
· Experience and knowledge of the role of zoos in conservation
· Exceptional time management and organisational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
· A strong command of written English
· Strong general PC skills, in particular working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience of proof reading and producing copy of a high standard, managing and producing material for social media, skills in researching information from scientific literature, field research skills and experience of travelling/working overseas would be advantageous.
Hours are 35 hours per week worked from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with a 60 minute unpaid meal break. Salary is £18,711 per annum.
To apply, please contact the recruitment line on 01244 389477 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, 11th March 2014.
Did you know that Zoo/Aquarium vacancies posted here reach more people in more zoos around the world than in any other publication?
should you apply for this post
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit
Zoo News Digest
Zoo News Digest
The Zoo Professionals Book Store
if you are looking for a book. This is an Amazon affiliate and you will get a good deal
you can subscribe to the largest and longest established zoo related ezine
Money for Free
If you can write, you can earn. Write about what you like or what you know about. Build up a passive income which will earn you money daily. No catch, no charge. Click on the link below and you could start earning today