(April – 31st August 2014)
Chester Zoo is one of the premier zoos in the UK, attracting over 1.4 million visitors per year. It is renowned for its conservation work, excellent standards of animal welfare and its proactive and award winning Discovery and Learning Team.
We are now looking to appoint a Presenter on a temporary contract running to 31st August, to help deliver informal conservation and environmental education experiences on site.
Our Presenter team are a vital part of enhancing the visitors’ experience and work includes delivering public talks & guided tours, one to one engagement, interpretation and exhibition supervision. School holiday activities may include story telling. Audiences vary from 2 to 500 or more, and there is lots of public interaction requiring a confident and outgoing personality.
The successful candidate will have:
· A Zoo Biology or Conservation related degree or equivalent experience.
· Experience of working in the Zoo Education field.
· Be able to converse effectively to different audiences, including individuals and groups (both general public and schools), with experience of public speaking, delivering guided tours and one to one engagement activities.
· A good knowledge of conservation (including sustainability issues) and a wide-ranging & in depth knowledge of the natural world.
· Be able to work as part of a team and individually, and be well organised.
· The ability to provide excellent customer care and have good communication skills.
The successful candidate will ideally have a good knowledge of Chester Zoo’s animal collection, our conservation work and be computer literate (in particular working knowledge of Microsoft Office).
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Work is 5 days in 7, including Bank Holidays, every weekend and occasional evenings. Rate of pay is £8.16 per hour for a 35 hour working week.
For an application form please contact the recruitment line on email@example.com or 01244 389477.
Closing date for applications is 14th February, 2014.
Did you know that Zoo/Aquarium vacancies posted here reach more people in more zoos around the world than in any other publication?
should you apply for this post
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit
Zoo News Digest
Zoo News Digest
The Zoo Professionals Book Store
if you are looking for a book. This is an Amazon affiliate and you will get a good deal
you can subscribe to the largest and longest established zoo related ezine
Money for Free
If you can write, you can earn. Write about what you like or what you know about. Build up a passive income which will earn you money daily. No catch, no charge. Click on the link below and you could start earning today