All Things Wild is a thriving and successful nature centre and family attraction based on the edge of the Cotswolds, situated in one of the most beautiful parts of the country and easily accessible from a number of major cities. The business has grown rapidly since its inception in 2012.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Animal Keeper who, in conjunction with the management, can develop and extend the animal collection.
The keepers work 5 days a week including bank holidays and weekends. The successful applicant must have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, with a passion for the natural world and conservation. A good eye for detail and high standards for animal husbandry are a must.
• To ensure the day to day running of the zoo goes smoothly.
• To ensure the highest standard of animal welfare is being adhered to.
• To be competent delivering talks and experiences to members of the public.
• Handle enquiries from visitors.
• Working effectively alongside a small team of keepers and volunteers.
• To ensure records and other relevant documents are kept up to date.
Key skills and requirements
• Have a minimum of 3 years working with a range of animals within a zoological environment.
• DMZAA or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
• Must have a can-do attitude.
• Strong verbal communication skills and good customer care skills
• Confident in delivering animal presentations and talks to our visitors, and educational sessions to school groups.
• An excellent time keeper.
• Work well individually and as part of a team.
• The ability to keep calm in stressful situations.
• A full UK driving license is required.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Harris, Director. All Things Wild Nature Centre, Station Road, Honeybourne, Nr Evesham, Worcestershire, WR11 7QZ or you can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent International Zoo Consultant