Animals Asia can only accept volunteers trained in either veterinary science / vet nursing or qualified in wild-animal management, as all hands-on work with the bears necessitates intensive training.
All behavioral volunteer placements require a minimum commitment of three months in China or Vietnam.
Basic requirements for Behavioral Volunteers:
Background in an animal profession such as zoo keeping, rehabilitation, or animal welfare.Computer literacy (e.g. MS Word, Excel and web browsers).
- Enrichment preparation and assistance with setting up in various enclosures and dens, as per established calendars.
- Prepare daily medicated shakes for bears (rotating with staff and other volunteers).
- Small animal care including dog walks (when needed).
- Maintain bear behavioral records.
- Perform ongoing behavioral observations with individual bears or groups plus other resident animals as required.
- Record data using ethograms.
- Produce short interpretive reports based on behavioural studies.
If you would like to apply for a volunteer Behavioral position, please send your CV and application letter and complete volunteer application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more HERE
Independent International Zoo Consultant